In light of the bull riding accident at the February rodeo we will be making it mandatory for the calf riders, steer riders, and bull riders to wear vest, mouth pieces, and helmets for the safety of all the riders. Thank you for your cooperation with this new requirement. If you are unable to get the equipment please let us know and we will find it for you to borrow.
REMINDER CALL-INS WILL BE MANDATORY FOR ALL RODEOS. YOU CAN TEXT OR EMAIL YOUR CHILDS EVENTS STARTING THE MONDAY AT 5PM BEFORE THE RODEO AND IT WILL CLOSE FRIDAY AT 8PM BEFORE THE RODEO. Please include your child's name, date of birth, and events they wish to participate in. (Text Trish at 985-397-0654 or email to email@example.com)
REVISED RULES 12-30-2015
There are a few new rules we would like for our members and rodeo guests to follow:
1. In the flag race you must NOT circle the barrel. You can only use a forward U-shape pattern. If you circle the barrel you will receive a no time.
2. In the 12 & under and 13 & over barrels and poles we will drag after every 7th rider and at the start of each age group.
3. For calf roping 12 & under can throw 2 loops but they must carry 2 loops no recoil is allowed. Also they can take a +5 to their time if their calf is down and they choose not to pick it up and flank it before they tie.
4. For calf roping there will be a 45 second time limit to catch and tie.
5. There will be NO ONE ALLOWED BEHIND BUCKING CHUTES during the rodeo. During rough stock if you are not a rider or assisting a rider please do not go behind the chutes, you will be asked to leave from the area.
6. No one will be allowed in arena during rough stock except for Judges, gate workers and AYRA staff.
7. For Team Roping if you sign up to head you have to head, if you sign up to heel you have to heel. You are not allowed to switch and will be disqualified if you do. Catch will not count.
8. If you are riding exhibition you will have to be entered by 8:15 am. There will be no add ons. Please call in if you are not there to sign up in order to be put in the line up.
9. After December rodeo call in will be mandatory. If you do not call in you will not be allowed to compete unless you are a new member signing up.
10. For mutton busting the riding pen will be moved closer to stands to allow better viewing from the stands.
Additional Information - PEEWEE EVENTS
1. For lead in events patterns will be shortened.
2. For Peewee in order to compete in the finals on Saturday June 11 (peewee only rides on Saturday) you must ride in 8 rodeos per event to qualify to compete in that event.
3. If your child begins riding mutton busting and decides to switch to calf riding they must have the 8 rodeos in the calf riding to qualify for finals. In order to have 8 rodeos you must make the switch to calf riding by February.
Making 8 rodeos does not qualify you for finals it has to be 8 rodeos per event.
Thank you for your continued support of AYRA.
October 29 & 30 (Sugar Arena)
December 10 & 11(Rice Arena)
January 7 & 8 (Rice Arena)
February 11 & 12 (Sugar Arena)
March 4 & 5 (Rice Arena)
April 8 & 9 (Sugar Arena)
May 13 & 14 (Rice Arena) Finals: June 10 & 11 (Sugar Arena)
Finals: June 10 & 11 (Sugar Arena)
Printable Schedule 2016-2017
Rodeo will begin at 9:00 am, starting with Exhibition Barrels.
All rodeos will be held at:
Acadia Rice Arena Sugar Arena
159 Cherokee Road 713 NW Bybass Hwy
Crowley, LA 70526 New Iberia, LA 70560
office: 337-783-1442 Office: 337-365-7539
Manager: Kermit Miller
Asst. Manager: Melissa Fusiler
Acadia Rice Arena offers the Sugar Arena offers the
following amenities: following amenities:
Stall Rentals: $15/per night Stall Rentals:
RV Hook-ups: $25/per night RV Hook-ups:
Please contact Mr. Kermit Miller
for reservations or for further
information @ 337-783-1442
Rodeos will begin at 9:00 am and books will open at 8:00 am and close 30 minutes before events begin.
Please feel free to call-in ahead of time to compete in upcoming rodeos. We are allowing call-ins to begin at 5PM to 8PM Monday through Friday before each rodeo. It would make your entering up go a lot quicker. Please text 985-397-0654 or send an email with your Name, date of birth, date of rodeo and event you wish to participate in to:
Acadiana Youth Rodeo Association (AYRA)
302 Denmark Road
Scott, LA 70583
Kyle Hebert, President, 337-319-6770
Trish LeBlanc, Secretary, 985-397-0654